Friday, July 15, 2011

Took My Travis To Work Day

This was a pretty eventful day.  We started out early at Glendale Regional Public Safety Training Center, or GRPSTC, where Travis helped me schlep stuff in for my department's table.  Then the real fun began.  We got a lesson in Continuous Chest Compression, met Ado - the very adorable and hard working police dog, saw a $250k robot used in potential bomb situations, got a close look at a police motorcycle, played various games, toured the Emergency Operations Center, had a nice visit with Grandma at EMS, learned about the importance of sun safety & most impressively... planned our own cities.
A little game I made for the kids so they could plan their own city.  Shout out to clip art in Word AND my co-workers who helped me cut all the pieces you see here times 100!
Travis and some of the goodies he got in his swag bag.
Travis & I at the Planning Department Table
Travis, Officer ? & Ado.
You don't want him to pull you over! 

Travis with a bomb robot.
Travis in the Emergency Operations Center. (Totally underwhelmed)
Making a map on Mommy's PC.
Plotting his map.
I think maybe he'll follow in my footsteps?!
A cool treat to end the day.

Time alone with my 2nd baby is priceless!  His favorite part of the day was when Ado showed us how he *does work* by clamping down on an officer's heavily protected arm.  He liked the motorcycle too, but when I asked him if he'd rather be a police officer with a motorcycle or one with a dog & a car, he picked the car.  He told Grandma that's just *safety*! Ah, my boy.  Love his squishy cheeks somehow even more today then I did yesterday .

No comments:

Post a Comment