Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Took My Boy To Work

Every year my work hosts a "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day." I used to go with my Daddy & now I get to take my kids, as soon as they turn 8 years old! This year was Tyler's second time going & we had an extra special time. We toured one of the City's water treatment plants, which was fun but so very hot! Then we went to tour Transit. We got to see a bunch of equipment and see a training room where the technicians are trained on any imaginable situation that might come up with the street signals. For lunch, Tyler got to join me and my division co-workers at Yard House at Westgate. [Here me & MP kept a look-out for a certain ML, who was no where to be found. #7!!]



Our last tour of the day was at the channel 11 studio, which is at Westgate just north of where the Cardinal's play, Jobing.com Arena. Here Tyler actually got to help record a mini kids' show! Tyler wasn't up for being in front of the camera, so the first shoot he was a camera man & the second he was a boom mic operator! He took his job seriously and it was just ADORABLE! Maybe a job in tv in his future? :)

The day ended with a raffle prize drawing and Tyler won the grand prize! The suspense as they read of the first and last of his 3 digit ticket number was unreal! And so was the size of the basket full of Cerreta's candy that he won! It was so big, it was hard for him to hold.



Tyler has said this was "The best day" of his life. I know I'll never forget it!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Jess! I'm glad you two had a great day. Nothing can take away those moments from us mommies! Take care - Rose

    ReplyDelete