Monday, September 5, 2011

Handed down through generations.

My title is a bit of a pun.

You see, the young woman in this picture is my Great-Grandma Selph, Vergie. 


The little girl is her oldest daughter, Versie and that brand-new baby is my Papa, Bob Selph.
The hands holding that baby boy, are just like mine!
And Keira's!

(These are Keira's & my hands)

Isn't that neat?

My Papa had said I reminded him of his mom, but I didn't ever notice the resemblance in our hands until Brenda spotted the match in the picture today.

I LOVE it!

Here's some more fun.  Wish I could spot some other bits of me in these...

My Great-Great Grandpa & Grandma Selph
*My dad's dad's dad's parents*
 Elton and Allie (Maxie) Selph + 4 of 10 of their children!

My Great-Great Grandpa & Grandma Simpson
*My mom's dad's dad's parents*
David & Sarah (Nelson) Simpson

I think I have the lineage straight here, but it's been a long 3 day weekend and I'm undoubtedly coming down with a cold so I'll have to stop here for now.  I should make up a tree with pictures so I can keep this stuff straight. 

A lot of history went into making me!

No comments:

Post a Comment