Friday, December 2, 2011

Nothing More Than Feelings

The end of this work day took such a weird turn.  A few relatively minor situations hit me all wrong and made me feel yucky inside.  One, right after another.  I hate when that happens. 

It was just feelings over temporary situations & I told myself that I didn't need to let it eat me.  That helped a bit, but then I came home and found this quote a friend posted on Facebook.  I'd actually seen it earlier, but now it seemed like it was there just for me.  I love when THAT happens! 

Don't bother too much about your feelings. When they are humble, loving, brave, give thanks for them; when they are conceited, selfish, cowardly, ask to have them altered. In neither case are they you, but only a thing that happens to you. What matters is your intentions and your behaviour. 
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment