Saturday, August 8, 2009

Just because MY kids can do it...

After church this afternoon, me and the kids stopped at our neighborhood Safeway to pick up some items for tonight's dinner. We started out in the dairy/cookie isle. While I was picking out a block of motzerlla cheese and having an internal debate about weither shredding it myself would really save enough money to be worth the extra effort, Travis had run down to the end of the isle, Spiderman style. I picked up my cheese and proceeded to walk down the isle towards my little superhero when I walked passed a lady and a young boy about 4 or 5 who were in the isle with us. As I'm walking by she takes her kid by the shoulder and says, "Just because he [pointing at Travis] can.." And that's all I heard.

Instantly this lady is my sworn enemy! I loath her. How dare she point at MY angle boy and use him as an example of how not to be?! How can she look at that face, with those big, blue eyes and think anything but that he should be able to do whatever he wants!? Does she not know he is perfectly perfect?!?! I do my best to keep my mouth shut and finish my shopping. I go pick out a soft, fresh garlic bread loaf, a lite Cesar salad kit and some Hansen's soda to enjoy with our dinner. And by the time I'm loading my groceries into my SUV I realize the only logical conclusion I can come to: She just must have been saying to her child, "Just because he can be the cutest kid on the planet, doesn't mean you can be to."

What kind of a mother would say that to her child?!

No comments:

Post a Comment