Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Review


Getting ready for work this last Friday was made "special" when I went to start up my blow dryer and it just wouldn't start.  The reset button had popped out and would not go back in.  I'm sure there was some reason for this & maybe it kept my house from catching fire or something, but it sure did stink!  I had to go to work with wet hair & a head cold.  Turns out 2 of my friends on FB also had their blow dryers go out while getting ready that day!  Weird, huh?  Turns out that Ulta sent me one of the coveted 20% off coupons and they were also having a sale on blow dryers.  {{Did Ulta pull off some master plan to bring more customers in this weekend? You be the judge.}}  Anyhow, thanks to my coupon & a gift card left over from my birthday {{♥ Hubby & Kids ♥}} I was able to purchase a new one.  Keira picked out the one in the picture.  She also picked out a nail polish, quite an affair in itself, and I gave her a mani/pedi when we got home.  A full-service mani/pedi complete with a foot soak, exfoliating scrub, lotion massage and these PINK piggies.
((You may noticed that Keira painted my nails.  And she has my hands!  Sad for her, fun for me!))

Today was made special by a family battle at Gold Fish.  Errr, Go Fish.  Team Trab & Dad beat The Grilz Team by 3.  This was a family first so it was pretty funny to try and explain the concept to the little ones.  The cards are so darn big, it was hard for little hands to keep them all organized and held in one hand without showing their cards.

On the big kid front, Tyler's been schooling me on the art of CoD Black Ops.  We did two player split screen, even though I can hardly see what's what.  Tyler's proud of me though.  He said, "We need more girls on here, Mom."

Nathan & I spent some quality time together in Azeroth.  ♥ Ah, Romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment