Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9th

Yesterday I got a reminder in my email that today would be my Grandma Simpson's birthday.  It said I should remember to send her a card.  Well, postage to heaven is "sky high" these days so I thought I'd give her a shout-out on here instead.


Grandma, your life was so precious.  You were a beautiful, Godly woman.  Almost daily I think of you, when I think about what kind of wife and mother I want to be.  Not that you were perfect & you'd be the first to say you weren't... that none of us are as a matter of fact!  But, your heart was in the job & pity the fool who might try to get in your way.  When I'm feeling down I remember your strength and resolve to truly be your granddaughter and power on. 


Thank you for loving Jesus & thank you for the legacy you knitted for me and my children (and their children) to hold on to as we face new days full of uncertainty and the harsh realities of this world.


Since I don't have a picture with you on your last birthday here, I'm adding a picture of my last birthday with you.  I really can't explain how happy I was to see you at my parent's house that night for dinner.  I hadn't known you'd be there.... although I should have known!  You didn't miss much if you could help it.  It was the sweetest of surprises and really made my night complete. 

♥

No comments:

Post a Comment