Thursday, March 31, 2011

More Spice Than Sugar

For just a moment I compared Keira to another little girl at the dentist today.  Keira had dressed herself and was wearing a pink tulle pettiskirt, a pink halter top, pink jellies & her sparkly red bolero jacket {{from her Christmas dress}}... a spunky outfit, for a spunky girl.  I loved it, although I would have taken Coco's advice and taken the last thing off.  The other little girl was wearing a soft, sweet, "safe" outfit with a floral print button blouse, jeans and little maryjanes.  Besides fashion choices, these two girls were as different as night and day in their demeanor as well.  Keira absolutely loves going to the dentist and walked in with all confidence and flare her outfit deserved.  She sat by me for a bit, but was soon across the room playing video games.  The other little girl cried the moment her mom opened the door to walk into the dentist.  She stuck right next to her mom and whimpered about not wanting to be there.  Watching her it struck me that she was the little girl I had always pictured myself having:  meek, delicate and a bit of a wall flower... like me.  The thing is, two seconds after I realized that, it struck me how much more I love my daughter than I ever loved the one I'd pictured in my head.  When God gave me Keira, he gave me a challenge for sure!  Keira is fierce.  She knows what she wants, when & how she wants it and you should move aside if you're in her way of getting it.  My little girl is somewhere in the 15% for her size & age but all 30lbs of her are packed with willpower.  She is sooooo not me {I can't make up my mind about anything and I normally just want whatever makes everyone else happy} but, she loves me with the same fierceness that she loves changing her clothes.  Just the look in her eyes when she wants me to hold her is enough to make me forget there was ever "another" little girl to begin with.

 Check out what $20 in Kohl's cash got us today!

~Keira's dress & my headband!~

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of your daughter, but even more, I am graced by your deep love of her!

    ReplyDelete