Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Brenda's Bridal Shower

This last Sunday I was honored to host
a Bridal Shower for my little sister,
Brenda Lynn!

The preparations included a big yard sale a few months back, lots of shopping, some printing and painting and help from the other bride's maids Anna & Emily! And, Brenda's friend Jessica helped out by bringing an ice sculpture!

Baker Wee did the cake and I can not say enough great things about them! From picking up pink ribbon for me, to creating a scrumptious cake that was sparkly and pretty in every way, they were just top-notch and I'm so glad we used them! I will be getting more cakes there in the future, for sure!

Other highlights of the day included, Brenda! She was radiant and adorable and everything a young bride-to-be should be!

The games turned out to be tons of fun. We learned the torrid [ha-ha] story of how Brenda & Tristan met and found out who loves Target the most: Heather, Tara & Lilly! They correctly guesstimated the costs of 9 household items (bought at Target) and summed it up to be only a few cents off the actual cost!

After cake, Brenda was showered, and showered with gifts... most of which will never see the light of day. In a good way. *wink, wink*

There was advice from both novice and seasoned experts on how to deal with marriage. One of my personal fav's was "Always trust in Jessica." [well, it was misread and was supposed to be Jesus, but ya know... you can never go wrong with trusting your Big Siss] Then there was the advice that brought tears to eyes. The kind that has held generations together. Serious, wonderful, hallowed stuff.

It was a beautiful day. The staff at Grimaldi's in Peoria was FAB! Our Server got everything right and I didn't hear anything but compliments on the food.

I hope Brenda enjoyed the day at least twice as much as I did. We sure do love her!

1 comment:

  1. When we left the restaurant Lily looked at me with the biggest eyes and brightest smile and said "that was an awesome party." Tara has been using the gel eye mask. Thanks for the invite, it really was a beautiful shower. Brenda has 2 wonderful sisters.

    ReplyDelete