Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My new FAV place in the world! (pretty much)

I found a new favorite thing today! MP told me about the Take Care Clinic at Walgreen's! Tonight was the perfect chance to try it out since Tyler has been complaining about "strep throat" symptoms for the last day and half. I didn't want to do the norm, Good Night Pediatrics, because I needed to take all 3 kids. And while GNP is simply amazing when you need urgent Pediatric care (x-ray on site has caught Keira's pneumonia twice), it is often packed full of very sick little kids. I didn't want to take 1 possibly sick kid and come back with 3 really sick kids! So, I went to try out Take Care Clinic. We walked in and were seen immediately. There was no one else there! Test determined Tyler doesn't have strep, but allergies. Allergies! Go me! Mom of the year! (I HAD NO IDEA!) Oh, well. Makes me even more glad I didn't do GNP tonight!
Anyhow, consider Take Care Clinic if there's one near you. They will see you (and your children
+18 months) for things like ear infections, strep tests, allergies (ha-ha) and a list of other minor health care needs. Also, verify that they are contracted with your insurance company. My work insurance isn't currently, but Nathan's was. It saved me a lot of hassle tonight!
P.S. I threw away the lilies, I believe them to be the cause of the allergies in this house:

Too bad, because they are pretty.

2 comments:

  1. They are making me allergic too :( I was standing by them, and then sneezed twice, and now, I am all stuffy. :(

    ReplyDelete